This was so far from perfect it’s not funny … I was happy with it until I started pfaffing around with the background as I didn’t like how it was looking. This was after it was all glued together of course … I decided to add gold pigment watercolours to separate the stripes, and let’s just say that using a paintbrush for the first time isn’t a good idea on a finished card. So this morning I decided to chop off the card base and move the shaker piece onto another background instead … and just like that I’m much happier!
I’ve decided to enter it into the following challenges for fun:
- Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge – red, white and/or blue
- CAS Colours & Sketches – colour challenge (night of navy, metallic gold, and merry merlot)
- Colorful Options – red, white and blue
- Cupcake Inspirations – oh my stars inspiration photo
This was the original background I did on the card base – I just never grew on me after adding the very rough gold lines. I’m much happier since cutting off the card base and changing the background!