This is my first ever attempt at the spanner-style fun-fold card. For something easy it melted my brain a tiny bit, but more around finding cardstock etc that didn’t look too drab but that worked with the vintage Santa image. This was my Craft Roulette entry this week – my 70th challenge to date. The parameters this week were:
- Project: Spanner (I had to Google this one before I started!)
- Colours: Vintage (I remembered I had a couple of paper sheets from Stamperia that had vintage Christmas images, so I chose one that would work OK cropped down for the centre panel, and based my colours on the image)
- Element: Outside (Santa is outside on his sleigh)
- Random: Textile (the two panels down the sides are papers with textile images that tone in with the other colours
Along with Craft Roulette, I’ve also decided to enter this card into a couple of other challenges too:
- The 12 Months of Christmas Link Up – anything goes plus optional patterned paper (it’s very rare for me to enter two cards into one challenge, but I couldn’t decide which one to enter so I went with both!)
- Tic Tac Toe – I went with the top row of ‘December Holiday, Use a die, and Embellishment)
- Pink Christmas paper by Stamperia
- Pink textile paper from Elegance Elements paper pad by Lemon Craft
- Season’s Greetings sentiment from Snow Globe Geetings by My Favorite Things (retired)
- Poinsettia dies by Stampin’ Up!
- Wonderful Gems by Stampin’ Up! (retired)
2 thoughts on “Vintage spanner card”
Gorgeous! Love the colors and layout! So glad you joined us at Tic Tac Toe this week!!!
Beautiful spanner card. Thank you for entering the Use Patterned Paper Challenge at 12 Months of Christmas.