I had an idea to use a Spellbinders poinsettia outline die for this card but couldn’t for the life of me find it (of course I found it the next day after completing my card!), so I changed tack and went for a beautiful big stencil set from Gina K Designs. I’m really happy with this one, and it also works perfectly for the Peace on Earth Christmas challenge, and for the ABC Christmas Challenge (I choose ‘U is for Use it up’ because I’m using up some of the first printed papers I bought from Stampin’ Up! and also using one of the pre-printed sentiments from my stash).
- Project: A dude’s card (dudes like Christmas cards too – but I did tone down the colours etc for a slightly more grungy look)
- Colours: Library (I thought of old vintage books with red covers and gold embossing on the spines)
- Element: Large flower(s) (big poinsettia stencil)
- Random: Stitch(es) (stitched layering die)
- Perfect poinsettias layering stencils from Gina K Designs
- Dashing Along printed paper (retired) from Stampin’ Up!
- Sentiment strip from Simon Says Stamp
- Inks used were all Gina K – Red Velvet, Cherry Red, Wild Lilac, Kraft, Black Onyx
- Sike lunar paste from Simon Hurley
- Master Layouts 2 dies from Gina K Designs for the cardfront layers