My first challenge entry for the Hand Stamped Sentiments blog challenges, using the Ranunculus layering stamps by Altenew. Sadly by the time I uploaded the image, though, the challenge had ended … oops. Oh well, it was fun to create anyway and I’ve realised it also works for the latest Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge! 😉
I’m starting to really enjoy CAS style cards – this one uses an Altenew flower stamp I haven’t used before, the Rosie Posy stamp set. The sentiment is from Stampin’ Up’s Beauty Abounds retired stamp set.
I’m entering this card for a few challenges where it’s relevant, although the AAA Cards challenge was the initial inspiration for the card:
I tried another clean and simple challenge, this time for CAS on Friday blog for a thank you card. I used the Ranunculus build-a-flower stamps by Altenew and the Thanks die by Stampin’ Up!
I used the Just Add Flowers challenge by Just Add ink as inspiration to make my card today. It’s also my card for day 26 of my 100 days project challenge, which is still going strong.
It uses the Ranunculus build a flower stamp set by Altenew and the You Are Amazing sentiment dies from Stampin’ Up!
This was a sympathy card requested by a dear friend – and it works perfectly for the Precious Purple challenge at the Colourful Options blog.
- Golden Days stamps and stencils by Altenew
- Inks by Altenew (Wisteria, Hydrangea and Ultraviolet)
- Hugs die by Uniquely Creative
- Card base Highland Heather cardstock by Stampin’ Up!
- Purple cardstock for Hugs by Spellbinders
I decided last minute to participate in the Paper Players challenge for “clean and simple houses”. It’s not what I’d intended to do, as I had a die cut that was going to be used – it’ll come in handy another time, so it won’t go to waste. I had a devil of a time with the stamping of the sentiment – I ended up embossing to try to improve the look, but it’s still pretty rustic 😉 I used Altenew’s Neighborhood stamp set and Copic markers for some very basic colouring.
I just managed to get a card together with a few hours to spare for Tic Tac Toe Challenge 161. I chose the diagonal row bottom left to top right – embossing, blue, and floral.
- Blooming Tulips stamps by Altenew
- Altenew inks – Iceberg, Persian Blue, Azurite, Forest Glades, and Evergreen
- Sentiment from Whimsical Blooms by Pinkfresh Studio (exclusive for their virtual event this weekend)
- Floral embossing folder by Spellbinders
- Bluebell pearls by Studio Katia
My first attempt at Altenew layering stamps. Didn’t quite get one tulip lined up properly but did much better with the second one. They give such a beautiful result! This was for bonus retro challenge 04 for Craft Roulette patreons, so two challenges ticked off in one hit! The parameters were:
- Project: Fancy fold (I chose an easel card)
- Colours: Pink and black
- Element: Large flower
- Random: Stencil
- Bonus parameter: Off-centre
List of supplies used:
Blooming Tulips by Altenew
Sentiment from Beautiful Butterflies 2 by Gina K Designs
- Stencil: Leaves from Fluttering Fall stencil bundle by Gina K Designs
- Inks: Rose Quartz, Puffy Heart and Purple Wine by Altenew
- Dies: Master Layouts 2 by Gina K Designs
- Cardstock: Passionate Pink by Gina K Designs
- Patterned paper: Pattern Party by Stampin’ Up!
I honestly think this is one of the most beautiful flower stencil results I have ever seen – the Golden Days layering stencils by Altenew are just exquisite!! I find the layering pretty easy to do and it always receives great feedback from friends. I’ve even just ordered the hot foil plate for this, even though I don’t have the foiling machine yet, I love it that much haha. I have a machine on order locally, but who knows when it’ll be back in stock, so in the meantime I’m sticking with the stencils on their own – and I actually don’t think the foiling is essential, it’s beautiful on its own.
Inks that were used:
- Pink card: Gina K Designs: Innocent Pink, Dusty Rose, Bubblegum and Passionate Pink
- Yellow card: Gina K Designs: Lemon Drop, Wild Dandelion, Prickly Pear and Honeyed Mustard … I think (unfortunately the images have disappeared from my phone)
- Purple card: Altenew Soft Lilac, Lavender Fields, Deep Iris and Midnight Violet
Two more backgrounds are ready to go to a friend as art to be framed, which is so sweet.
The inks used in the above card are Altenew Rose Quartz, Puffy Heart, Purple Wine and Cosmic Berry.
The inks used in this one are in the photo, which was a blend of Gina K Designs Innocent Pink and Passionate Pink, and Altenew Rose Quartz and Puffy Heart.