I tried making a fireworks card but it didn’t work out … so I pivoted and ended up with a simpler card with masking and ink blending. This is for the Tic Tac Toe challenge 168 – I went with the centre row of ‘any colour, free, and CAS’.
I decided to do this week’s Tic Tac Toe blog challenge – and my card would work for two rows:
- diagonal from bottom left to top right – metallic, friend, scallops
- bottom row – metallic, gems, patterned paper
- Watercolor Floral paper by Gina K Designs
- Plum Punch cardstock by Gina K Designs
- Friend die from Master Layouts 9 by Gina K Designs
- Happy birthday pre-printed sentiment by Gina K Designs
- Champagne gems by Stampin’ Up!
A quick card for the challenge this week. I still have rainbows on the brain so I’ve used the diagonal row of Spots or stripes, Circle, and Free.
I’m joining the Tic Tac Toe challenge again this week last minute. I chose one of the diagonal lines that included:
- Thank You
All supplies are from Stampin’ Up! – Boho Indigo stamp set, dies and sentiment, plus the patterned paper. Night of Navy and Seaside Spray cardstock.
I just managed to get a card together with a few hours to spare for Tic Tac Toe Challenge 161. I chose the diagonal row bottom left to top right – embossing, blue, and floral.
- Blooming Tulips stamps by Altenew
- Altenew inks – Iceberg, Persian Blue, Azurite, Forest Glades, and Evergreen
- Sentiment from Whimsical Blooms by Pinkfresh Studio (exclusive for their virtual event this weekend)
- Floral embossing folder by Spellbinders
- Bluebell pearls by Studio Katia
Oh boy I’m way out of my comfort zone with this one – I actually combined three challenges in one this time, covering a sketch challenge set by a new team, along with completing this week’s Tic Tac Toe Challenge, and today’s card for my personal CardMaynia challenge.
I decided to choose column 1, which is: White on white, Silver, and Die cut.
This one uses all Stampin’ Up! products, which was tough for me to do:
- Dies: Pierced Blooms, Scalloped Contours, Wreath Builder
- Embossing folders: Greenery, Pinewood Planks
- Sentiment: Wetlands stamp set
- Embellishments: Basic rhinestones
I managed to combine two challenges into one card, as well as getting a Mother’s Day card ready to send to NZ. Mum doesn’t know me anymore and can’t converse, but I still try to send her some bright cheery cards regularly to brighten her room.
For Tic Toe Challenge 159 I chose bright colours, ribbon of twine, and Mother’s Day.
Flowers & leaves: Pretty Perennials by Stampin’ Up! (retired)
Sentiment: Dressed to Impress by Stampin’ Up! (retired)
- Dies & Embossing:
Perennial Petals by Stampin’ Up!
Scalloped Contours by Stampin’ Up!
Inks by Stampin’ Up!: Tahitian Tide, Daffodil Delight, Magenta Madness, Granny Smith Green
Luminous Lemon baubles by Trinity Stamps
Stained Glass embossing folder by Kaisercraft
Magenta Madness ribbon by Stampin’ Up!
I want to start doing more challenges as I find I become a better card maker that way – plus sometimes it helps to have a starting point to create a card. I actually created this one today not realizing it works exactly for the current Tic Tac Toe challenge – win/win!