This was created for an Instagram challenge of “just add water” (for April Showers) – I decided to try my hand at colouring this beautiful peony stamp by My Favorite Things with watercolour markers. I really love the results, even though I don’t really know what I’m doing. I’m surprised how easy it was to colour the background as well. I’ll definitely be trying more of this in the future, it was really relaxing to do.
Tag: My Favorite Things
Holly jolly cardinals
I totally forgot to finish my card last night for the 52 Christmas Card Throwdown challenge … just squeaked in this morning with two hours to spare! I think my absolute favourite Christmas colours are aqua blue and red together, and these little cardinals make me smile in their Christmas hats <3
- Holly jolly cardinals dies by My Favorite Things
- Sentiment from Color layering poinsettias by Hero Arts
- Perfect plaids stamp by Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous
- Tattered florals die set for the tree branch by Sizzix
- Sunday drive with Santa dies for the leaf sprigs by Spellbinders
- Red and black cardstocks by Stampin’ Up!
- Glitter red and white cardstocks by Stampin’ Up!
- Neenah crest solar white for die cuts and card base
Z is for Zombies
I haven’t joined in with any of the challenges yet on The Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers blog, but I came across this sentiment yesterday while looking for something else, and I decided I couldn’t go past joining in the Z is for Zombies challenge. It really makes me laugh, and would make an awesome non-mushy Valentine’s Day card! 😛
- Inks: Red Velvet, Dusty Rose, Sweet Mango, Sweet Corn by Gina K Designs
- Sentiment: Sassy Pants Birthday Greetings by My Favorite Things
- Splatters: Gorgeous Grunge by Stampin’ Up! (retired), and Red Hot embossing powder by Gina K Designs
- Mummy (zombie) die: Trick or Treat 2 by Sizzix
Another day, another challenge – this time it’s a Christmas Nativity theme card for the 52 Christmas Card Throwdown blog. When I’m tired and can’t think of what to create, a challenge really helps to give a basis to work from – that was definitely the case tonight! And day 27 of CardMaynia is also completed, so that’s a win/win. Only 4 days left to go!
I usedf the Nativity Silhouette dies by My Favorite Things, along with Gina K Designs inks, and black glimmer cardstock by Stampin’ Up!
MFT sketch challenge 593
Here’s my first contribution to My Favorite Things sketch challenges. A bit of a different interpretation of the sketch. I had this background sitting on my desk and I was undecided what to do with it – but when I saw the sketch diagram I couldn’t help but imagine this background as my cardbase. It’s certainly not what I originally had imagined for it, but that’s the great thing about challenges, often unexpected ideas come out of left field. This also qualifies as day 16 of my personal CardMaynia challenge.
The feather dies are from Paper Rose, and inks are by Gina K Designs.