Not sure I’ve ever used so much glitter cardstock on one card before … but it was fun. I was in a rush so it’s not quite as originally planned, but it’s finished for now, just in time for the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers‘ G is for Glitter challenge.
I’ll be honest I’ve never loved this particular patterned paper in a paper pack I bought and really wasn’t sure what to do with it other than to donate it. I think it’s because it’s too ‘lolly pink’ for my taste, which is my least favourite of all colours. Well, last night I had an idea – I decided to try ink blending and swinking the paper with Gina K Black Onyx ink and then wipe off any excess ink from the metallic sections. I really really like the end result! To finish these simple cards I threw on a red mirror card sentiment over a vellum shadow.
The original paper is in the top right. A personal lesson for me not to give up and to look at things with a fresh perspective …
And the timing was perfect for a few challenges too:
- Cut it up challenge – Love
- Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge – Love is in the air
- Make My Monday – Love is in the air
- Double ‘D’ challenges – Hearts
- Shopping our Stash – Love is in the air
- Never Used Before Schtuff
- Paper Funday challenges – Anything goes + lots of layers
- From My Heart patterned paper from Stampin’ Up! (retired)
- Love you and Love your guts dies from Simon Says Stamp and CZ Designs
- Black Onyx ink from Gina K Designs
- Ruby Red Craft Perfect mirror cardstock from Tonic Studios
I created this card for the Gina K Designs monthly challenge to use the wax pencil resist technique … a new one for me. I do love trying new things! This uses the Warm Spring Wishes stamp set, which I love.
This card was inspired by the CAS Colours and Sketches sketch challenge this week, after a very draining weekend … so it’s a virtual ‘cheers!’ from me today!
For the first time in ages I finished my Craft Roulette card early. The parameters this week were:
- Project: Purse card
- Colours: 3 pops of gold
- Element: Something beginning with E
- Random: Frame
Inside I’ll add a sentiment along the lines of ‘happy birthday princess’ or similar.
This card is also being used for the following challenges too, because it seems perfect for the themes:
- Let’s Craft and Create (anything goes plus optional black and white)
- Never Before Used Schtuff (the panda accessories are being used for the first time)
- Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge (anything goes)
- TGIF Challenges (what would you do without stamps?)
- Tic Tac Toe (diagonal row: die-cut, flowers, enamel dots)
- Be a Panda die by Waffle Flower
- Be Accessories dies by Waffle Flower
- Bubblegum and Passionate pink cardstocks by Gina K Designs
- Birthday sentiments embossing folder from a local store
- Metallic gold pearls from Pinkfresh Studio
- Stickles as gems in the crown
I’ll be honest, this one pushed me out of my comfort zone big time – I’m not 100% sold on it I think because it’s not executed all that well, or maybe it’s just that I’m not a fan of a black cardstock cardbase. The one thing I AM a fan of, though, is trying new things – I actually love getting pushed outside of my comfort zone … I don’t always love the results, but I sure do enjoy the journey. I often find new unexpected loves that I’d never try otherwise. In this case I’ll definitely give the gilding wax another try, but I’ll watch a few tutorials first, and perhaps try on burgundy or navy cardstock next time. Either way, it was a fun experiment for a very rustic looking card. This is for the Basic Black challenge over at Colorful Options.
- Holiday Floral Swag 3D embossing folder by Spellbinders
- Merry Christmas die by Creative Expressions
- Cosmic Shimmer gilding wax in Gilded Touch
This random card was conceived because of Craft Roulette, with the following parameters:
- Project: Bookmark
- Colours: Grey background + 3
- Element: Bunny or bunnies
- Random: Swag
I decided not to create a bookmark, but rather turn it into a card and sneaking a bookmark into the image somehow. As soon as I got the idea of including a book about rabbits, the rest of the card was born. Probably one of the more ‘random’ cards I’ve created but I’ve realised it probably also works for the Use Your Stuff challenge this week of ‘Inspired by a book’! I think it’s the first time I’ve used the bunny stamp since the class where we used it, and I think it’s maybe the second time using the banner die … and first time using my new Olo markers – I need a lot more colouring practice, for sure!
When I saw the challenge theme this week for 52 Christmas Card Throwdown I’ll be honest I was stumped … it’s taken a lot of digging through my stash to find something that would work for a Christmas challenge of “Fairies”, but I finally found this one by Stamping Bella called ‘Edna needs a martini’ … after all that digging I think I might need one too now haha.
Another card using the panda die from Waffle Flower. This time for the Cardz for Guys challenge, birthday for a child. Papers are from Honey Bee, and sentiment from Gina K.
I forgot to create this card on the weekend, specifically for the Pyjama Day challenge at Shopping Our Stash – the PJs I’ve chosen to replicate in a card are in the background. I think this is the first time I’ve used this stamp and punch set from Stampin’ Up! I used Gina K inks and embellishments, though.