I created this for the Peace on Earth blog challenge – gotta love a rainbow! Everything is from Gina K Designs.
This panda die from Waffle Flower was a bit of a strange purchase for me … but it’s the first thing I thought of for a couple of challenges. I do need a bigger Santa hat, though, so I may have to draw up a template and make my own next time round! I’m adding it to the following challenges:
- Simon Says Stamp Wednesday – Too cute challenge
- The Sisterhood of Crafters – Something new challenge
- Can you handle the pressure – Dots embossing folder challenge
- Cut it up challenge – Anything goes (with die cuts)
- ABC Christmas challenge – B is for Bear
This card is for the 52 Christmas Card Throwdown sketch challenge this week. It’s also for the The Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers reindeer challenge.
- Cheery deer die by Lawn Fawn
- Naughty and nice by Scrapbook.com
Not my usual Christmas card style
I still struggle a bit with true clean and simple cards … but it doesn’t stop me from trying occasionally. I made this for the Addicted to CAS challenge this week for ‘present’. Sadly I missed the deadline for posting but that’s ok, I enjoyed the challenge.
This was my challenge entry for Craft Roulette this week – and only that, it’s also my Tic Tac Toe entry too. I chose the third column of Tree, Metallic and Ornament.
I also christened two Spellbinders dies, so my personal challenge is ticked off the list today too! And because it took me so long to stitch and finish the card, I think it fits the criteria (for me anyway) for the X is for Xtra Special challenge over at the ABC Christmas Challenge blog.
Day 4 of my virgin product challenge
I forgot to post this card on the weekend – but oh boy it makes me chuckle … as soon as I saw this sentiment by scrapbook.com I knew I wanted to use a stocking stamp or die with it.
Lots of firsts with this card – the tartan paper, the sentiment stamp and the fireplace stencil. The Mama Elephant stamp was from a class at Crop & Create Delivered – it’s actually a crumpled up tissue, but I thought it’d work perfectly as lumps of coal … it worked out so much better than I expected! I just love this whole card so very much!!
- Fireplace stencil by Honey Bee Stamps
- Stockings die by Stampin’ Up!
- Red and white velvet specialty papers by Stampin’ Up! (I ink blended the white paper with green ink for the stocking cuff)
- Feel Better stamp and die set by Mama Elephant
- Naughty and Nice stamp by scrapbook.com
- Jolly Christmas paper by Memory Box
Day 5 and holiday tags
A few things used on day 5 that I hadn’t used before – the tag die and the inks used for the background stamps, the sentiment stamp, and an Artistro gold pen. I’ve never made a batch of gift tags before, so this was a fun new challenge for me. They’ll be attached to wee bags of chocolates for my monthly craft group that’s meeting this weekend for our final catch-up before Christmas.
- Perfect Poinsettias stamp set by Gina K Designs
- Sentiment from Merriest Christmas by Taylored Expressions
- Dye inks by Gina K Designs: Lipstick, Red Velvet, Cherry Red, Faded Brick, Chocolate Brown, and Light and Medium Spruce
- Artistro gold pen
- Nested Tag Shapes dies by Hero Arts
A personal advent challenge
Today is day 1 of using ‘virgin’ stamps and dies from my stash … my personal version of an advent calendar/challenge.
This used a poinsettia stamp and stencil set by Taylored Expressions and a sentiment from the Joyful Season stamp set, also from TE. I accidentally had a stencil bleed from being heavy handed so I slapped on the vellum strip to hide my sins 😉
I’m entering this for the 52 Christmas Card Throwdown stencil challenge as well as the Stencil Fun challenge.
Vintage spanner card
This is my first ever attempt at the spanner-style fun-fold card. For something easy it melted my brain a tiny bit, but more around finding cardstock etc that didn’t look too drab but that worked with the vintage Santa image. This was my Craft Roulette entry this week – my 70th challenge to date. The parameters this week were:
- Project: Spanner (I had to Google this one before I started!)
- Colours: Vintage (I remembered I had a couple of paper sheets from Stamperia that had vintage Christmas images, so I chose one that would work OK cropped down for the centre panel, and based my colours on the image)
- Element: Outside (Santa is outside on his sleigh)
- Random: Textile (the two panels down the sides are papers with textile images that tone in with the other colours
Along with Craft Roulette, I’ve also decided to enter this card into a couple of other challenges too:
- The 12 Months of Christmas Link Up – anything goes plus optional patterned paper (it’s very rare for me to enter two cards into one challenge, but I couldn’t decide which one to enter so I went with both!)
- Tic Tac Toe – I went with the top row of ‘December Holiday, Use a die, and Embellishment)
- Pink Christmas paper by Stamperia
- Pink textile paper from Elegance Elements paper pad by Lemon Craft
- Season’s Greetings sentiment from Snow Globe Geetings by My Favorite Things (retired)
- Poinsettia dies by Stampin’ Up!
- Wonderful Gems by Stampin’ Up! (retired)
Inlaid die cut Christmas trees part 2
Another set of trees using Gina K Designs’ Christmas Tree cover plate die. I this these are my favourite versions of the cards, I just love the more subtle colours of the papers together. I just flicked through my paper samples and found greens that I thought could work well together. Not a single paper pack in this case was a Christmas paper, so it just shows what you can find when you look outside the box a wee bit.
I’ve decided to enter these into a few challenges this week – I’ve been slack at doing challenges lately, so I guess I’m making up for lost time. I keep updating my Instagram feed, but forgetting to post here oops:
- Inkspirational Challenges – paper piecing challenge
- The Sisterhood of Crafters – anything Christmas or winter
- The 12 Months of Christmas Link Up – anything goes with optional patterned paper
- Christmas Tree cover plate die by Gina K Designs
- Sentiment from Sparkle and Shine stamp set by Gina K Designs
- Patterned papers from Stampin’ Up!
– Ever Eden (retired)
– Gilded Autumn (retired)
– Berry Delightful (retired)
- Gold pearls by Unity? (not 100% as the packaging has disappeared)
- Gold glitter cardstock by Craft Perfect/Tonic Studios