I created this card for the Sketch Saturday challenge, including cookies as the optional food element.
I woke up earlier than normal today and saw the sketch challenge over at Sketch Saturday and decided to make a quick card before work using leftover Stampin’ Up! DSP cutouts and a sentiment that were just sitting around waiting to be used on something 🙂
This was my Craft Roulette challenge card this week, for my 80th submission woohoo!! It’s also worked out perfectly for the As you like it challenge of your favourite between Love and Friendship. Obviously I chose friendship in this case – to me a close friendship has a healthy dose of love anyway.
- Project: Card for friend(s)
- Colours: Blue jeans + 2 (I went with three shades of denim blue cardstock plus green and yellow)
- Element: Starts with “F” (I chose flowers)
- Random: Stack(s) (some of my flowers are stacked)
- Be Bold Blooms and Club Blooms dies by Spellbinders
- Most cardstock by Stampin’ Up! (Seaside Spray, Misty Moonlight, Night of Navy, Pear Pizazz, Old Olive) – and random yellow scraps from my scrap bags
- Hello Friend sentiment from Painted Blossoms by Gina K Designs
- Rhinestone basic jewels by Stampin’ Up!
I thought I might just sneak this one in before the entries closed for the Double ‘D’ Challenges blog challenge of Candy Canes. My first card for 2023, using up some paper pieces I cut out before Christmas. I’m going to continue doing holiday cards regularly throughout the year so I have a headstart on the festive season!
Another set of trees using Gina K Designs’ Christmas Tree cover plate die. I this these are my favourite versions of the cards, I just love the more subtle colours of the papers together. I just flicked through my paper samples and found greens that I thought could work well together. Not a single paper pack in this case was a Christmas paper, so it just shows what you can find when you look outside the box a wee bit.
I’ve decided to enter these into a few challenges this week – I’ve been slack at doing challenges lately, so I guess I’m making up for lost time. I keep updating my Instagram feed, but forgetting to post here oops:
- Inkspirational Challenges – paper piecing challenge
- The Sisterhood of Crafters – anything Christmas or winter
- The 12 Months of Christmas Link Up – anything goes with optional patterned paper
- Christmas Tree cover plate die by Gina K Designs
- Sentiment from Sparkle and Shine stamp set by Gina K Designs
- Patterned papers from Stampin’ Up!
– Ever Eden (retired)
– Gilded Autumn (retired)
– Berry Delightful (retired)
- Gold pearls by Unity? (not 100% as the packaging has disappeared)
- Gold glitter cardstock by Craft Perfect/Tonic Studios
I haven’t joined in with any of the challenges yet on The Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers blog, but I came across this sentiment yesterday while looking for something else, and I decided I couldn’t go past joining in the Z is for Zombies challenge. It really makes me laugh, and would make an awesome non-mushy Valentine’s Day card! 😛
- Inks: Red Velvet, Dusty Rose, Sweet Mango, Sweet Corn by Gina K Designs
- Sentiment: Sassy Pants Birthday Greetings by My Favorite Things
- Splatters: Gorgeous Grunge by Stampin’ Up! (retired), and Red Hot embossing powder by Gina K Designs
- Mummy (zombie) die: Trick or Treat 2 by Sizzix
I’m joining the Tic Tac Toe challenge again this week last minute. I chose one of the diagonal lines that included:
- Thank You
All supplies are from Stampin’ Up! – Boho Indigo stamp set, dies and sentiment, plus the patterned paper. Night of Navy and Seaside Spray cardstock.
Day 9 of CardMaynia … I used a fussy cut flower and leaf from my first ever colouring exercise when I started cardmaking last year. Trying to use up things that have been sitting around unloved.
Oh boy I’m way out of my comfort zone with this one – I actually combined three challenges in one this time, covering a sketch challenge set by a new team, along with completing this week’s Tic Tac Toe Challenge, and today’s card for my personal CardMaynia challenge.
I decided to choose column 1, which is: White on white, Silver, and Die cut.
This one uses all Stampin’ Up! products, which was tough for me to do:
- Dies: Pierced Blooms, Scalloped Contours, Wreath Builder
- Embossing folders: Greenery, Pinewood Planks
- Sentiment: Wetlands stamp set
- Embellishments: Basic rhinestones