This month the challenge over on the Gina K Designs blog is for a black and white card with one pop of colour. This is my card – I had to use my favourite colour of blue for my colour pop. Using the Fluttering Fall stencils and Happy Flowers stamp set.
This card was created to honour Gina K Designs for all that Gina, Tom and the team do for us crafters every week. Customer service is second to none, and I continue to learn from the selfless sharing of knowledge every single week, not to mention their sense of humour and compassion. All products today are by Gina K Designs. Using Mega Flower stencil, still using up ink left on my brushes (unbelievable), butterflies from Warm Spring Wishes, sentiment from Let’s Celebrate, and Midnight sequins on the butterfly bodies.
And that’s also day 1 of #100daysproject2022 for me. I decided I had too much fun with CardMaynia so I signed up to continue going! Here’s the month of May all completed!
A little hello stencil by Gina K Designs finally turned into a card after being ink blended months ago. Slowly working through my pile of backgrounds.
I decided to finally use up a stenciled background I did maybe 9 months ago – this was my very first set of layering stencils and I love it as much today as I did when it first arrived. I just love the flower design so much.
- Stencils: A Little Love layering stencils by Gina K Designs
- Inks: Sea Glass, Lovely Lavender, Wild Lilac, Jelly Bean Green and Fresh Asparagus by Gina K Designs
- Sentiment: from a pre-printed sentiment sheet by Gina K Designs
- Dies: Master Layouts 2 by Gina K Designs
- Cardstock: Ocean Mist by Gina K Designs
- Embellishments: Basic rhinestones by Stampin’ Up!
I honestly think this is one of the most beautiful flower stencil results I have ever seen – the Golden Days layering stencils by Altenew are just exquisite!! I find the layering pretty easy to do and it always receives great feedback from friends. I’ve even just ordered the hot foil plate for this, even though I don’t have the foiling machine yet, I love it that much haha. I have a machine on order locally, but who knows when it’ll be back in stock, so in the meantime I’m sticking with the stencils on their own – and I actually don’t think the foiling is essential, it’s beautiful on its own.
Inks that were used:
- Pink card: Gina K Designs: Innocent Pink, Dusty Rose, Bubblegum and Passionate Pink
- Yellow card: Gina K Designs: Lemon Drop, Wild Dandelion, Prickly Pear and Honeyed Mustard … I think (unfortunately the images have disappeared from my phone)
- Purple card: Altenew Soft Lilac, Lavender Fields, Deep Iris and Midnight Violet
Two more backgrounds are ready to go to a friend as art to be framed, which is so sweet.
The inks used in the above card are Altenew Rose Quartz, Puffy Heart, Purple Wine and Cosmic Berry.
The inks used in this one are in the photo, which was a blend of Gina K Designs Innocent Pink and Passionate Pink, and Altenew Rose Quartz and Puffy Heart.