Our final mini class before the event was officially opened, and Brutus Monroe sure didn’t disappoint. What great projects these were, and so vibrant and fun to make! This is a brand I’d heard of before, but hadn’t tried, so this was a great opportunity for me. I have to be honest and say that I started doing some pre-work for this class and was having so much fun I ended up making the cards before the class started … oops. But it goes to show how thorough the class instructions are for this event.
Some things I loved about this class:
- The colour palette is soooo bright and cheery and so up my alley – it makes my heart sing. It was also great that Michael used Gina K Design inks for the class as well, so I could follow the same colour palette exactly.
- I never ink blend cardstock for die cutting of images – I’ll be doing more in future, it’s really effective.
- I love the look of using multiple colours on the butterflies and the hot pink embossing – and also the triangle layering panel and pop of embossing on the sides – so much fun, and something I haven’t tried before.
- I just love everything about the floral card especially – you can’t help but smile when you see it, it’s so cheerful!
- I’m reminded how Gina’s inks blend so beautifully for backgrounds, it’s my favourite ink brand for blending, hands down.